Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

My Favorite Holiday!


My favorite holiday is Christmas! Well first and foremost, it is Jesus' Birth which is very important in my religion (Christianity). 

It is also the best time of year, with snow, decorations, and break from school. During Christmas time, my family gets together. Me and my immediate family either go to Nigeria (country where my parents are from) or our family in Nigeria comes her to us. My cousin is coming for her 4th Christmas in America in hopes to see snow for the first time.

It's all about giving. As much as I love getting presents on Christmas or any other day, I also love to give presents. I love shopping for them and wrapping them, and seeing the expression of whoever recieves them. I love the decorations, all the Christmas lights, and window displays everywhere. I also am a big fan of the food. Cookies, cookies, and more cookies! Gingerbread houses, and eggnong.

The one thing my family does all through the Christmas season ( from thanksgiving to New years) is we watch the Hallmark channel and their corny movies that all have the same plot. I still love it though, it adds to the season. It makes my dad super angry, because he is outnumbered in our house ( 4 girls to him) and we force him to watch them with us. We also love Christmas music, and every Christmas Eve, after reading the Christmas Story, we go caroling. Tradition, that is another thing I love Christmas, how it keeps tradition in my family!

FIVE MORE DAYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home